Wednesday, April 3, 2013

April 3 2013


LAT report

Spent the time today mostly on the boat cruising.  To cold to stand outside but really nice from the bar.  I was able to catch up on my blogs and download some pics.  Had a nice breakfast with some folks from California (the coast) and they talked about their previous trips and what they have planned next.  Dick and Candy joined us and said they were having trouble with their cell service and had to get it ironed out with AT&T ..I am also getting a warning I have over $100 worth of data charges so I don't know what that is about.  We had a mid afternoon tour to the windmills in Kinderjalk.  I went as far as the tourists store and that was as close as I got...it is very windy here and nice and cold.  Of course it is a good thing about the wind..as that is what the wind mills need.  We had dinner with the group and I was so tired I came back and went straight to bed, Linda did her was, read and I never heard a thing.  We are sailing again thru the night headed for Antwerp Belgium.


LMR report
 
Traveled much of the day it was quite nice.  Relaxing breakfast.  Didn't dock until 1PM.  Shipboard activities included waffle making -not many attended.  At docking we were at a windmill site, there were visits to two windmills and visit with the families that lived in them.  After visit ship took off for Antwerp Belgium.  Ships captain visited durning announcements gathering before dinner, and took questions about the ship.  Lots of engineering type guys tried to one up each other on tacky questions...for the rest of us it was just boring.  Dinner for me included Surf & Turf or as we might say roast beef and shrimp.  It was actually very good.  We continued sailing towards Antwerp where we will be on our own to shop for chocolates, diamonds and certainly yo test the local Belgium beer and wine.  windmill tour was cold and windy like Amsterdam but sky was blue and it was sunny.  Got lots of great pictures.  More tomorrow !!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment