Friday, April 5, 2013

April 4 2013


LAT report

Docked by the city of Antwerp in such a way that we could walk to the city.  The morning we took a guided walking tour that showed us how the city is laid out and some notable things to see such as the church...it was remarkable oh my gosh...may be the best one in Europe that I have seen and it is centuries old.  We (the group) split off about mid day and went to lunch...I tried the shrimp and cheese croquets .. The cheese was ok the shrimp was too fishy..but the salad was great...it had an herb called semphire that was salty but very tasty!    We then looked around shops saw lots of really good chocolate.  But of course we had to stop and have a beer... My favorite Is a Trappist monastery beer that is 8% alcohol so Dick and Brian and I shared one..it was quite tasty...I am trying to not drink the same beer twice ...as there are 356 beers to choose from..most likely won't make it thru all of them.  We then came back to the ship and went to a captains reception ..then to dinner ...then early again to bed...  Linda is coming down with a cold even though she won't admit it... I on the other hand have avoided that so far...I think it is the beer!

LMR report

 I have lost total track of time!  Could be all the beauty surrounding us!  Today was Antwerp, Belgium.  No need to get passport stamps in the EU, so we just sailed on through.  AM was a walking city tour..no buses!  The cathedral is magnificent.. Hope you can enjoy the photos.  Snowed again today.  We six - Candy, Dick our new friends from the UK Dani and Brian, and Linda and I spent the afternoon in town shopping and trying out the local libations.  Our beer drinkers had a great time and I enjoyed the local wine.  We did visit several chocolate shops....and saw a lot of local crafts...but you can only get so much.  Back on ship is was time for the Viking explorer club reception (that means free treats and drinks) if you have been on a previous cruise.  There was a speech from the captain urging you to take more trips ...and that's about it.  Dinner for me was sole and it was very good.  Our waiter Alexander takes very good care of us.  Tomorrow is Brugge and Ghent.  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment